Follow these three steps to complete the pre-registration process:
1. Access your MySuffolk Portal
- In order to complete the math placement exam and pre-register for classes, you will need to log in to your MySuffolk portal (we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox).
- Need assistance logging in to MySuffolk? Contact the ITS HelpDesk at 617-557-2000.
2. Take the Math Placement Exam
- All first year students must take the Math Placement Exam (MPE). The MPE is timed and takes 60 minutes to complete.
- We strongly encourage all students to take the exam PRIOR to attending orientation.
- Review the math placement exam guidelines before beginning the exam.
- To access the exam: Log in to MySuffolk
- Click Blackboard in the navigation bar at the top of the page
- In the 'My Courses' box, you should see a link to the Math Placement Exam.
- Read through the on-screen instructions and begin the exam.
- Please note it can take up to 3 business days after you complete the exam for the results to post.
- Still have questions regarding the MPE? Contact Ben Deissler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-994-6853. Please allow 1-2 business days for a response to your inquiry.
3. Pre-register for Fall 2018 Courses
- Log in to your MySuffolk Portal.
- Check your math and writing placements before you begin to search for courses.
- Build your course schedule and pre-register by following the instructions for you school/major:
- You can view the classes you have pre-registered for under My Class Schedule in MySuffolk.
- You will also have the opportunity to review and make changes to your schedule at orientation, if necessary.
- Need to change your major?
- Send an email to email@example.com with your full name, Suffolk ID number and new major. [Please note it may take up to 3 business days for the update to take place].