The costs associated with each program can be found on each program's information page in the Students section of our website. Costs for living expenses and airfare varies by time of year, and location.

Financial Aid

Under federal law, most forms of federal financial aid can be used to study abroad with the exception of work study. Beyond this, it is up to your home institution to decide whether or not you can utilize state and/or institutional aid. For Suffolk students, if the cost of your study abroad program is approximately the same as Suffolk costs, you may use most of your financial aid for study abroad courses. However, employment awards (Work-Study, Fellowship, Student Employment, Trustee Ambassador, Sawyer Ambassador, etc.) may NOT be used for study abroad. You will lose any employment funding you may have been awarded should you elect to study abroad. If you are relying on loans be sure all required paperwork (promissory notes, loan counseling forms, etc) is completed BEFORE you leave the country. If you will be utilizing financial aid to cover all or part of the costs of your study abroad program, and your financial aid officer has approved this, it is your responsibility to make arrangements for the disbursement of this aid. Often, federal financial aid will be disbursed after you have already left the US. Therefore, you need to make arrangements for such an occurrence. Again, the Study Abroad Office will work with you to arrange payment, but you must plan for this in advance.

For further information about Suffolk’s refund policy, contact the Office of Study Abroad Programs at (617)-573-8072.

For more information on financial aid, contact:

Financial Aid Office
Tel: (617) 573-8470
Fax: (617) 720-3579