Welcome to the SUMC Library online!
The SUMC library exists for three main purposes: to provide adequate resources and support the coursework offered on the SUMC campus; to teach students how to conduct college level research; and to assist students with their textbooks.
The library is open Monday through Friday during the semester, and extends its hours during the final exam period. For exact times, please consult the library door. If you have questions during or after library hours, send an email to the librarian. She will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
Below is a short description of what you can find in Suffolk University Library Collection and how to use it.Library Catalog: for books and E-books
- Limit your search to Madrid Campus to locate items only available in the physical collection in Madrid or online as e-books.
- Go to the advanced search mode to limit your search to DVDs and the Madrid Campus.
- Spectacular guides put together by the librarians on the Boston campus to guide you to databases, internet resources and the Suffolk Boston print collection on many topic areas.
- Guides useful for SUMC business students include the Country Resource Guide and the International Trade and Business Resource Guide.
- Use this to identify the newspapers, magazines and academic journals that are available full text on one of the library databases.
- Do not conduct a subject search. Only use to search the titles of magazines, journals or newspapers .
- An alphabetical listing, with descriptions, of all of the databases accessible for Suffolk University students, faculty and staff.
- Identify relevant databases in broad subjec areas.