The Student Activities Office organizes a variety of activities every week to give our students the opportunity to learn about different aspects of the Spanish culture by enjoying Madrid the way locals do.Students have participated in a variety of authentic activities:
- Tasted tapas on a tour of the oldest taverns of Madrid
- Visited El Rastro flea market and discovered its history and treasures
- Had a traditional 'cocido madrileño' for lunch (a typical winter garbanzo bean dish)
- Enjoyed the show "Carmen", a flamenco theater at Teatro Español, and some tapas in the liveliest part of the city center
- Practiced their Spanish in the several 'intercambios' (language exchange) to make the language come alive with native speakers through fun games and conversation activities
Each semester, we repeat some of the most popular activities and plan new ones to discover more interesting aspects of the Spanish culture - all the while having fun in Spanish.
If you are serious about having fun and getting immersed in the Spanish culture, join us for these activities.
For more information, email Student Activities.