Complete the TA Online Application Form.
In a separate document (submit to email@example.com), please formulate a personal statement regarding the First-Year Experience TA position. Your personal statement should be no longer than 3 double-spaced pages and should incorporate your responses to the following questions.
1) Why are you interested in being a First-Year Experience TA?
2) What skills and attributes do you possess that will enable you to be successful in this TA position?
3) What are the three most relevant issues for first-year students?
4) How would your other time commitments (academic, social, co-curricular) affect your ability to function as a TA?
5) If your instructor gave you the opportunity to teach one class session on any topic, what topic would you select as being important for first-year students and why? Describe the process you would use to develop your lesson and how you would deliver the information to the class.
Returning TAs (if you've previously been a TA for SBS 100 or CAS 101, please answer these questions):
1) What were the highlights of your TA experience?
2) Were there any moments when you felt that you made a positive impact on your students' first year at Suffolk? Please explain.
3) What was your biggest challenge of being a TA? How did you adjust to that challenge?
4) Choose one of your top five Strengths Quest signature themes. Explain how this strength played a role in the classroom and how it helped you in your position as a TA.
5) If you could give any advice to a new TA, what would it be?
Submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume should include campus involvement, organizations, offices held, honors, work experience, etc.
You will be required to attend a personal interview. Interviews will be held during two-weeks, March 5th-9th and April 2nd-6th. Interview times are requested on the online application.
If you are currently studying abroad this semester, then we can conduct your interview via Skype.
Application Deadline and Submission
Application materials should be submitted ONLINE to email@example.com
Early Bird Application Deadline: 4:00pm, February 16, 2018
● First choice of interview times
● Guaranteed interview before spring break
Final Application Deadline: 4:00pm, February 28, 2018