Complete the TA Online Application Form.
In a separate document (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org), please formulate a personal statement regarding the First-Year Experience TA position. Your personal statement should be no longer than 3 double-spaced pages and should incorporate your responses to the following questions.
1) Why are you interested in being a First-Year Expereince TA? If you've been a TA before, please describe that experience.
2) What skills and attributes do you possess that will enable you to be successful in this TA position?
3) What are the three most relevant issues for first-year students?
4) How would your other time commitments (academic, social, co-curricular) affect your ability to function as a TA?
5) If your instructor gave you the opportunity to teach one class session on any topic you feel would be important for first-year students, what would you select and why? Describe the process you would use to develop your lesson and how you would go about delivering the information to the class.
Obtain two completed reference forms. References should be obtained from a faculty member, staff member, or a previous employer. Completed reference forms should be submitted directly by the evaluator online (email to email@example.com) or in-person/inter-office mail to Alina Choo, 13th Floor of 73 Tremont Street.
Submit a current resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume should include campus involvement, organizations, offices held, honors, etc.
You will be required to attend a personal interview. Interviews will be held during a two-week period, March 30-April 3 and April 6-10. Interview times are requested on the online application.
If you are currently studying abroad this semester, then we can conduct your interview via Skype.
Application Deadline and Submission
Applications materials should be submitted ONLINE to email@example.com
Deadline: 4:00pm on March 20, 2015