Fall 2018 Course Registration
Registration approval is required for all undergraduate students.
Pre-Registration / Schedule Building begins: March 19, 2018
Priority Registration Dates:
- Senior Priority Registration: April 3, 2018
- Junior Priority Registration: April 4, 2018
- Sophomore Priority Registration: April 5, 2018
- Freshman Priority Registration: April 6, 2018
- Students should receive registration approval from their academic department
- Students who have a declared major should check in with their academic department for next steps
- Undeclared students should meet with their Academic Advisor in the Undergraduate Academic Advising Center
- Your program evaluation lists your advisor's contact information
Scheduling an Appointment with Your Advisor:
- Every Academic Department works differently - call or stop by the department for more information
- Check your email - your major department may send you information regarding the advising process.
- Review your program evaluation - the eval includes your advisor's contact information AND lists all of your degree requirements
Preparing for your Appointment:
- Arrive ON TIME and PREPARED for the appointment. Make sure you know where your advisor's office is located
- Be prepared with questions and bring any necessary documents for discussion - Program Evaluation, list of courses you are interested in taking
- Make sure to review the course offerings prior to your appointment. Feel free to start creating a wishlist in MySuffolk
- Do not expect your advisor to make your course schedule
- To create a wishlist and register for classes, you must log in to your MySuffolk portal
- Go to: "Register / Class Schedule"
- To Create a Wishlist: Select Search & Select to My Wishlist
- Please note: adding courses to your wishlist does not guarantee registration in the course(s).
- To Register for Classes: Select "Register for Classes on My Wishlist"
- My Assigned Time: This tab will provide you with the day and time you may begin to register for courses
- Registration Restrictions: If you have any holds on your account (i.e., financial hold, immunization hold) you will not be allowed to register for classes until they have been cleared