Required Documentation

Copy of Passport

International applicants must submit a copy of the photo page of their passports as well as a copy of any current US Visas and EAD cards. In order to protect your personal information, it is strongly recommended that students use the secure upload in the online application. However, these materials may be submitted in a paper format as well. We discourage students from emailing image files of the documents directly in an unencrypted format.

Statement of Financial Resources

International students must file a Certificate of Finances documenting availability of sufficient funds to cover all academic and living expenses for full-time graduate study at Suffolk University. If there is sponsorship for the student through family, friends, organization, work, or a government agency, the sponsor must inform our office, in writing, of the terms of this support. 


The Office of Graduate Admission will issue the I-20 form upon the student's admission to a graduate degree program, submission of the required tuition deposit, the statement of financial resources, and a copy of their passport.

International students who want to receive any work-study, assistantship, or fellowship funds from the University must hold an F-1 immigration status. International students are ineligible for all forms of U.S. Federal and State financial aid.


Suffolk University does not provide on-campus housing for graduate students. The Off-Campus Housing Office (OCHO) provides advice and counseling on the housing process to students and parents. OCHO can assist you with finding appropriate living accommodations, finding roommates, and understanding the lease process. Visit the Off-Campus Housing Office page or contact them at or 617-573-8647.