The Suffolk University SBS Alumni Board is seeking candidates for new Alumni Board members for the 2016-2017 academic calendar year.
The SBS Alumni Board of Directors is a group of volunteer leaders committed to the future of Suffolk University and the Sawyer Business School. The SBS Alumni Board works with alumni, students, faculty, administrators and University leadership to further strengthen the Sawyer Business School through strategic engagement and outreach.
As alumni representatives of the University we want to ensure that the groundswell of alumni support that has developed over the course of the past few months continues. We hope you will consider a leadership position as now, more than ever, we need a dedicated, energetic group of volunteer leaders.
As a graduate of the Sawyer Business School, you are eligible to nominate yourself or another Suffolk graduate for this leadership position representing Suffolk Alumni. In order for your nomination to be considered, we ask that you provide the nominating committee with the following information:
- Brief statement with your reasons for seeking the position;
- Brief history of involvement with Suffolk University since graduation;
- Recent resume.
A member of the Suffolk University SBS Alumni Board of Directors is elected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to the University. In accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Board membership which include but are not limited to:
- Attending and participation in (in person or by telephone) at least three of the four (or at least four of the five) scheduled Board meetings each year.
- Serving actively on Board committees and task forces as assigned.
- Participating in the Annual Fund or one of the University's giving societies within the Annual Fund. Board Members are encouraged to join one of the leadership giving societies within SUMMA ($1,000 and up). It is crucial for the board to achieve 100% participation to model to alumni the importance of giving annually.
- Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the SBS Board and Alumni Association and participating in them to the extent possible, including major University events such as Alumni Weekend.
- Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for the Board and other alumni activities
- Assisting the University and the SBS Alumni Board in identifying and involving alumni in areas such as student career development, admissions outreach and advancement initiatives.
- Assisting the University and the Alumni Engagement Office in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student and alumni experience at Suffolk University – encouraging lifelong relationships with the University.
- Being an ambassador and advocate of Suffolk University.
Please send nomination(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please note in the subject line “SBS Alumni Board Nomination Submission” or send materials via mail to:
Office of Alumni Engagement
ATTN: SBS Alumni Board Nomination Committee
73 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
Please submit your nominees and supporting materials no later than March 31, 2016. For questions, contact the Alumni Engagement Office at email@example.com.
SBS Alumni Board 2015-2016
Bradley MacDougall, MBA'09
Suzanne Dube, EMBA'07
Board Members 2014-2015
Michael Collins, MSF '07
Steve Douillette, BSBA'08
Adilson Lopes, BSBA'12, MBA'15
John Mack, MBA'79
Kenneth Mooney, BS'77, MBA'80
Stacy Pipich, MBA'11
Edward Rosenau, MBA '05
Susan Rugnetta, BSBA'81
Antonio Sgro, MBA '00
Edmond Ryan, MBA'73
Kim Silva, BSBA'03, MBA'07
Brian Sullivan, MSA'11
Gary Sullivan, BSBA'91
Nicholas Vadala, BSBA'82. MBA'86
Bill Popeleski, MBA'87