Law, Business, undergraduate and graduate alumni: join us for an unforgettable week-long trip to Havana, Cuba, led by Judge Isaac Borenstein (ret.), Visiting Professor of Law at Suffolk Law School. Judge Borenstein, a native of Havana, maintains close relationships with faculty at the University of Havana, knows the city and culture well, including those special off-the-beaten-path places.
Cuba is more than beautiful beaches, rum, cigars, music, and dance. We’ll learn about this complex nation’s history, admire its architecture, appreciate its peoples’ ingenuity in medicine, bio-tech, and in keeping their classic cars running. You will admire their passion for ballet, visit world class museums, and understand better their love for–and talent in–chess, baseball and other sports.
You will see, first-hand, the Cuban people’s ability to face daily challenges while maintaining humor, humility, generosity, and love of life. Cubans are fascinated by all-things American, from clothing, to music, and they have a deep curiosity about our form of government—particularly when you approach them and their country with respect, interest and an open-mind.
$5,160 per person (double occupancy; single accommodation additional $450)
- Roundtrip charter airfare from JFK- Havana
- 4-star hotel accommodation in Havana and during Varadero excursion
- Daily breakfast, most lunches, and welcome/farewell dinners
- Visit to campus of University of Havana
- Guest lectures on changing business climate and growing market economy
- Cultural activities and visits
- One night/two day excursion to Varadero (superb beach destination)
- Cuban visa & medical insurance
- Transportation to/from JFK (may require overnight stay near airport if check in on March 21 is very early– not included in fee)
- Some meals and beverages
- Luggage fees
Reserve Your Space Now
Please complete the Registration Form by November 21, 2016.
$550 deposit due to API (facilitator): November 21, 2016
Final program balance due to API: January 21, 2017