The Alumni Association has four Board of Directors who serve in policy-making and management functions. Membership comprises the following:
- The Sawyer Business School Alumni Board of Directors
- The College of Arts & Sciences Alumni Board of Directors
- The Suffolk University Law School Alumni Board of Directors
- The GOLD Council
University Alumni Board of Directors Mission Statement
The mission of the University Board of Directors is to continue and enhance the life-long partnership between the University and its alumni for their mutual benefit by supporting and promoting the efforts of the Alumni Association and encouraging alumni to commit their time and talents to the University.
The Suffolk University Sawyer Business School, College of the Arts and Sciences, and Suffolk Law School Alumni Boards are currently seeking candidates for new members.
These school based alumni boards works to connect alumni with each other and Suffolk through social and business networking opportunities and to advance Suffolk University by assisting with student and alumni career development, admissions outreach, and fundraising initiatives.
There are currently several open positions on each board with a start date of September 2017.
To apply for the College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Board, fill out this form.
To apply for the Sawyer Business School Alumni Board, fill out this form.
To apply for the Suffolk University Law School Alumni Board, fill out this form.
Suffolk University Alumni Board members are elected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to Suffolk University. Alumni holding multiple degrees from Suffolk University may run for only one divisional directorship at a time.
In accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Board membership which include but are not limited to:
- Attending and participation in (in person or by telephone) quarterly scheduled board meetings each year.
- Serving actively on board committees and task forces as assigned.
- Participating in the Suffolk University Annual Fund. Board members are encouraged to join one of the leadership giving societies within SUMMA ($1,000 and up). It is crucial for the board to achieve 100% giving participation to model to alumni the importance of giving annually.
- Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Advancement/Alumni Office and participating in them to the extent possible, including major University events such as Alumni Weekend.
- Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for the board and other alumni activities.
- Assisting the University in identifying and involving alumni in areas such as student career development, admissions outreach and advancement initiatives.
- Assisting the University and the Alumni Engagement team in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student and alumni experience at Suffolk University - encouraging lifelong relationships with the University.
- Being an ambassador and advocate of Suffolk University.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.