Executive MBAs are admitted to begin their studies in September each year. Students seeking financial aid and/or scholarships are encouraged to apply by the priority application deadline of March 15. Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling admission basis throughout the summer.
Applicants to the EMBA Program must have seven or more years of professional experience. Applicants to the program should hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. In select cases, we may consider an applicant who has displayed exceptional professional achievements in lieu of a degree.
Admission to the EMBA Program is competitive. Suffolk admits no more than 25 students per cohort to ensure that classes are kept to a moderate size, resulting in a personalized learning experience.
The EMBA Selection Committee evaluates applicants based on a variety of factors to determine a candidate’s potential for success in the program. The committee devotes extensive and individualized attention to every application, and views each candidate within the context of what he or she has to gain from and offer to the program.
We require the following documentation:
- Completed online application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Detailed resume describing employment history, highlighting leadership and accomplishments of all positions held, as well as academic institutions attended
- Submit original transcripts from each college or university attended. Please note that these transcripts must be sent in a secure format, directly by the university Registrar or their designated delivery service such as Clearinghouse, Digitary, Docufide, etc., directly to email@example.com. We cannot accept electronic transcripts sent as attachments in emails from applicants. Please contact us if you have questions or are unsure if your transcript meets the requirements.
- Two letters of recommendation: letters from immediate supervisors, past and present, are most appropriate
- Statement of professional goals summarizing the candidate's professional experience and how the EMBA Program will help achieve their short-term and long-term leadership goals.
- The GMAT is NOT required for admission
- The EMBA program sponsors F1 visas for accepted international applicants, as it is considered a full-time program by the University, despite being designed for working professionals and delivered on a Saturday schedule
- International applicants must submit proof of English proficiency via successful completion of the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic. Visit the International Students page for full details.
If you're mailing documents, please send materials to the address listed below:
Office of Graduate Admission
73 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
Once we receive the application and corresponding credentials, we will contact the candidate to schedule an interview.
We require a half-hour interview with the EMBA Selection Committee for each candidate. The EMBA Selection Committee may consist of EMBA program directors, a faculty member, and and/or an EMBA alumnus.
Once the interview process is complete, the EMBA Selection Committee will make its decision within two weeks.
Within 30 days of acceptance, each participant must submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $1,500 in order to secure a place in the entering class. This deposit will be credited towards tuition.
For more information, contact:
Associate Director, Center for Executive Education
Tuition and Financial Aid
Costs for all course materials, fees, and meals are included in the Executive MBA tuition. Travel costs related to our four residential seminars are also included as part of our tuition. A total of 51 credits are required to complete the Executive MBA Program.
The Tuition Management Systems interest-free monthly payment plan enables you to spread tuition payments equally over 10 months (fall and spring semesters) or 5 months (fall or spring semester), based on your student account balance.
Visit the Office of the Bursar for more information.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Suffolk University offers both merit- and need-based financial aid.
Once you're accepted into the EMBA Program, you will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships, including:
- EMBA Alumni Scholarship
- Gene I. Lee, EMBA '96 Term Scholarship (one recipient selected annually)
- EMBA Professional Recognition Award
For need-based financial aid consideration, you must complete the federal form called the "FAFSA," available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. International students are not eligible for need-based assistance.
For more information on financial aid for graduate students, visit the Office of Student Financial Services or call 617-573-8470.
EMBA Corporate Partner Scholarship Program
We offer a Corporate Scholar Award to partner organizations that participate in our Corporate Partner Scholarship Program. Check with your employer to see if they are part of the program, or contact: Kevin Richard, associate director of the Center for Executive Education: firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-573-8304.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Suffolk University is a proud participant in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and offers qualified veterans tuition assistance of up to $25,000 per academic year through the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program.