Executive MBAs are admitted to begin their studies in September each year. Students seeking financial aid and/or scholarships are encouraged to apply by the priority application deadline of March 15. However, applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling admission basis throughout the summer.
Applicants to the EMBA Program must have seven or more years of demonstrated leadership experience and exhibit significant professional achievements. Applicants to the program should hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. In select cases, we may consider an applicant who has displayed exceptional professional achievements in lieu of a degree.
Admission to the EMBA Program is competitive. Suffolk admits no more than 25 students per cohort to ensure that classes are kept to a moderate size, resulting in a personalized learning experience.
The EMBA Selection Committee evaluates applicants based on a variety of factors to determine a candidate’s potential for success in the program. The committee devotes extensive and individualized attention to every application, and views each candidate within the context of what he or she has to gain from and offer to the program.
We require the following documentation:
- Completed online application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Detailed resume describing employment history, listing dates, responsibilities, and duties of all positions held, as well as academic institutions attended
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation: letters from past and present business and professional colleagues are most appropriate
- Statement of professional goals summarizing the candidate's professional experience and how the EMBA Program will help achieve their short-term and long-term leadership goals.
- The GMAT is NOT required for admission
- International applicants must submit proof of English proficiency via successful completion of the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic. Visit the International Students page for full details.
Once we receive the application and corresponding credentials, we will contact the candidate to schedule an interview.
On Campus Interview
We require a one-hour interview with the EMBA Selection Committee for each candidate. The EMBA Selection Committee consists of the Director of the EMBA Program, a Faculty member, and an EMBA Alumnus.
Once the interview process is complete, the EMBA Selection Committee will make its decision.
Upon acceptance, each participant must submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $1,500 in order to secure a place in the entering class. This deposit will be credited towards tuition.
For more information, contact:
Priscilla J. Rosati
Assistant Director, Executive MBA Program
Tuition and Financial Aid
Costs for all course materials, fees, and meals are included in the Executive MBA tuition. Travel costs related to our four residential seminars are also included as part of our tuition. A total of 51 credits is required to complete the Executive MBA Program. Visit the Office of the Bursar for more information.
Suffolk University offers several generous financial aid programs. We make both loan programs and need-based scholarships available to Executive MBA students. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid or call 617-573-8470.
Great Leaders Scholarships
The Executive MBA program offers several merit-based Great Leaders Scholarships. If you are admitted to the program we will automatically consider you for one of these scholarships.