Take your career to the next level and become a key leader and influencer. This three-day course will teach you how to integrate your life and remove the self-imposed barriers that prevent success.
In small classes capped at 20, you’ll work in an intimate, team-building setting and develop lasting connections with your peers.
As part of the course, you'll receive a copy of the book: The Orange Line™ - A Women’s Guide to Integrating Career, Family and Life, which was written by Professor Jodi Detjen. The book will help guide conversations about the work-life balance among women.
At the end of the course, you’ll have an over-the-phone coaching session in small groups. Professor Detjen will lead a discussion about achieving your goals, overcoming challenges, evaluating the 360 analysis, and adapting your plans for the future.
You’ll emerge from this course with a clearer understanding of yourself, including your leadership vision and values. You’ll learn how to negotiate, navigate difficult conversations, build lasting relationships, and much more.
Early-bird registration by April 1: $2,000
Suffolk alumni early-bird registration by April 1: $1,800
After April 1: $2,250
Building Your Leadership Vision
- Developing your vision
- Understanding the integrated work- life model
- Getting out of your own way and overcoming limitations
Bringing Yourself into the Equation
- Negotiating with yourself in mind
- Assessing deals you wish you could renegotiate at work and home
- Self-promotion without ego
- Communicating directly–saying what you mean
- 360° personality and self-assessment
- Understanding your values and developing BIG goals
- Integrating internal perspective with external feedback
- Introducing Support Systems 101
- Networking vs. relationship building
- Delegating what matters, even when you aren’t in charge
- Defining perfectionism, the killer of productivity
- Prioritizing effectively
- Defining “good enough” and “the ideal”
- Facing challenges and having difficult conversations
- Defining comfort and growth zones
- Improv workshop
- Implementing your vision
Instructor of Management and Entrepreneurship
Professor Detjen is the co-founder of a boutique consulting firm called InTrinsic Group. She helps organizations leverage their existing employees and processes to maximize effectiveness and long-term strategic impact.
She is also the co-author of The Orange Line: A Woman’s Guide to Integrating Career, Family, and Life. In the book, Professor Detjen and her co-authors Michelle A. Waters and Kelly Watson tackle tough questions about the work-life balance among women. To find the answers, they interviewed 118 college-educated women about their careers and work-life struggles. They found that most women feel constrained by outdated and unrealistic ideals.
Previously, Professor Detjen worked in London, England, in international management with Global 1000 clients on large-scale organizational change.
MA, Duke University
BS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Office: Sawyer Building, Rm. 651
Discounts available for early registration and Suffolk alumni.
leadership and achieving a healthy work-life balance.