At Suffolk, you’re part of a large and growing healthcare community where you’ll receive one-on-one career counseling and support, even after you graduate.
With our Healthcare Mentor Program, you’ll be paired up with an experienced healthcare professional who can help you plan your career. Your mentor is selected based on your shared areas of interest and expertise. For instance, if you’re interested in hospital administration, you’ll be matched with a mentor who is a hospital administrator.
Mentors share their experience and knowledge to help you integrate what you learn in the classroom with what happens in the workplace. We also offer resources, including the Mentor Program Guidance Handbook, to help you get the most out of your mentorship experience.
During the school year, you’ll periodically meet with your mentor in person and stay in touch by phone, email, and/or text messaging. For many students, the mentor relationship endures long after the school year ends.
Our mentors are drawn from organizations like:
- Atrius Health
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Boston Medical Center
- Bowdoin Street Health Center
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- ECG Management Consultants
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Lahey Health
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Newton Wellesley Hospital
- Partners HealthCare
- Tufts Medical Center