Undergraduate Program Advisors and Faculty Advisors will work with you to develop a total educational package that uses general education requirements, major and minor programs, and electives to provide a balanced education and career preparation. We'll help you plan your program of study, giving you advice on what courses to take and how, when, and where the courses should be taken.
Which student clubs or organizations should you join? Maybe you have an interest in seeing the world and are thinking about a Global Travel Seminar or Study Abroad option. Maybe you have an interest in joining the Student Government Association and completing a public service or social impact minor. Whatever your interest, we are also here to help you choose the right non-academic experiences to match your career goals. We also help with career planning.
Advisors are here to:
- advise freshmen and first-semester sophomores with course selection.
- coach freshmen and sophomores on how to work with faculty advisors.
- assist students with study abroad; academic planning around major life issues; and getting connected to people on campus who help with issues regarding housing, financial problems, and mental or physical health.
- encourage participation in events hosted by clubs, academic programs, and career services.
- monitor graduation issues.
- evaluate completed student requirements.
- mediate problems between students and their peers, faculty, or others.
- coach students to take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
Prepare for your Advising Appointment
To get the most from your advising meetings, visit often and come prepared.
- Bring a personal academic plan and program evaluation
- Become thoroughly familiar with the Academic Catalog and fully understand the major and general degree requirements and graduation requirements.
Lauren Mahoney, Assistant Dean
Jack Shields, Director
Linda Nazzaro, Associate Director
Kim Larkin, Assistant Director
Jason Riccio, Assistant Director
Julie Elias, Academic Advisor
Ellie Fuentes, Program Assistant
Larissa Lavrov, Program Assistant