The Office of Disability Services is committed to ensuring that students with disabilities have equal, effective and meaningful access to all programs, resources and services at Suffolk University. The office strives to assist students with disabilities in advocating for themselves, receiving appropriate accommodations, and utilizing the campus-wide resources in order to fulfill their postsecondary education goals. Our services include:
- Advocates of students with disabilities
- Coordination of services and facilities on campus and at university events
- One-on-one meeting with students to verify eligibility for accommodations
- Access to the assistive technology lab for homework and test taking
- Referrals to academic and health resources
- Coordination of accommodations for the Suffolk Madrid campus
- Educating faculty on accommodations and universal design strategies
The office provides a supportive and engaging setting for students; encouraging students to use their voice and to think beyond college by building self-confidence, embracing diversity and social responsibility and recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses.
The Office of Disability Services also works closely with faculty and staff in an advisory capacity providing disability education awareness around ensuring equal access within courses, to physical structures and the online environment. The office promotes and models best practices of full inclusion for students with disabilities at Suffolk University.