Alcohol Education & Meetings
About AlcoholEdu for College (New Student Requirement)
Fall 2013: Deadline September 5th
The system is now open. Please click on the instructions tab on the left for login information.
First-year students must complete the "AlcoholEdu for College" online educational program.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Suffolk University is requiring that each member of the first-year class complete AlcoholEdu for College – an online, non-opinionated alcohol prevention program. We recognize that balancing social life with academic life requires a full partnership between students, faculty, the campus community, and all campus services.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement.
*Part 1 of the course takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. Part 1 ends after Survey 2 and the Exam.
*You must earn a grade of 75% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course.
*The deadline for finishing Part 1 is September 5th for the Fall semester.
*About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete Part 2. Part 2 closes in early November. If not completed The Dean of Students will be notified and a block will be placed on your account.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
Instructions for Alcohol Edu: Opens August 5, 2013
To access this required program, please follow the instructions below. You will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. To begin:
1. Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
2. In the box type the Login ID: C168005A
3. Click "I'm a Student"
4. On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu account using your Suffolk email address and a password of your choice.
5. You will need to enter your 7-digit Student ID, which can be found on your Student ID card and registration information. If you do not enter your official Student ID number, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
6. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just completed.
7. When you return, log in by going to the top right and clicking on the Login hyperlink next to "I already have an account" and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any technical difficulties only the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center can help. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be called at 866.384.9062. Alternatively, you can find online help at the 'Higher Education Student Support' site. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
If you have completed AlcoholEdu at another institution and need your records transferred to Suffolk please contact Paulette Giambalvo at email@example.com. Please include the institution, year of completion and email address used in your communication.
Suffolk University is deeply committed to the greatest health and welfare, and ultimate success and happiness, of all of our members. I hope that you enjoy the course.