Suffolk's Center for Community Engagement (S.O.U.L.S.) was founded in 1997 to engage the Suffolk University community in meaningful service work.
Our mission is to cultivate and inspire a community that is committed to social justice. The key elements needed to accomplish this mission are:
We develop partnerships and programs that:
- integrate practical experience in the community with classroom learning
- help students gain a deeper, hands-on understanding of social justice issues
- support students’ advocacy for social change
- help students establish an ethic of service, achieve personal growth, and develop their leadership skills
- express and promote the value and acceptance of diversity in our communities