- Make friends with other incoming freshmen who share similar interests
- Have fun laughing, learning, & sharing in a unique experiential environments that encourage self-reflection and team building
- Learn more about Suffolk’s service/community engagement, multiculturalism/social justice, and/or leadership/involvement opportunities
- Gain confidence in starting college and joining the Suffolk University community
- Get a jump start ahead of other students not at a Ram Academy by getting instantly involved and finding out what it really means to be a Suffolk student.
At Ram Academy participants will be joining by experienced Suffolk’s student leaders, staff, and your fellow first-year students. Choose a program specific to the type of leader you hope to become and the cohort group you hope to learn more about. Details are provided below… the non-refundable registration fee covers the cost of all Ram Academy meals, 3 nights of overnight lodging, and all activities during the program.
Registration is now available, please scroll down to select your desired Ram Academy session and reserve your spot now!
*Limited Scholarships Available: Suffolk University is committed to student access to educational opportunities. A limited number of scholarships are available to help defray the cost of Ram Academy attendance for students who have demonstrated financial need or other extenuating circumstance. To apply for a Ram Academy Scholarship, email Kelli Connors, Operations Coordinator for Orientation & New Student Programs.
Session includes 1 night on-campus & 2 nights at the Thompson Island Education Center
Monday, August 4th - Thursday, August 7th
• Participants Must Arrive at Suffolk University by 3 p.m. on 8/4.
• Ram Academy Will Conclude at Suffolk University at 1:30 p.m. on 8/7.
$100 non-refundable registration fee, Capacity limited to the first 30 student registrants
DESCRIPTION: The Multiculturalism and Social Justice Ram Academy provides students with a supportive and affirming, yet challenging experience to explore issues of social justice, oppression, privilege, and allyship through meaningful dialogue. This fun, dynamic, and highly interactive program will allow participants to develop a greater understanding of what it means to be a leader in our diverse and increasingly interconnected world. Participants will develop their social justice lens, increase awareness of who they are as cultural beings, gain skills in interrupting bias, and discover the ways in which they can be change agents in the world and on our campus. Students will forge strong bonds of friendship and mutual respect across difference while enjoying all that Thompson Island has to offer. Planned activities include: a clambake, sports, games, a movie, and more.
Session includes 1 night on-campus & 2 nights at the Sargent Center in Hancock, NH
Thursday, August 14th - Sunday, August 17th
• Participants Must Arrive at Suffolk University by 3 p.m. on 8/14.
• Ram Academy Will Conclude at Suffolk University at 3:00 p.m. on 8/17.
$100 non-refundable registration fee, Capacity limited to the first 50 student registrants
DESCRIPTION: The Outdoor Challenge & Leadership Ram Academy provides students with an opportunity to explore personal goal setting, leadership styles, and jumpstart their participation in the Journey Leadership Program in an outdoor experiential education setting. Participants will learn about their natural leadership abilities, how to work in teams, how to challenge themselves in reaching new goals, and about opportunities for future leadership growth at Suffolk. Students will make friends with fellow new students as well as experienced Suffolk student leaders while taking advantage of a beautiful outdoor setting. The educational center comes complete with campfires, high and low ropes courses, a picturesque lake, and memories that will make your college start truly memorable.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.573.8321.