All orientation sessions are required for students and highly recommended for family members.
Orientation begins with check-in at 8 a.m. on Day 1 and concludes by 4 p.m. on Day 2. All dates and times are subject to change; please refer to your confirmation letter after registering.
During orientations held in other months, the program remains similar, but on-campus housing is not provided.
Orientation activities include
- Welcome address
- Small group time with our Orientation Leaders and your fellow new students.
- Information sessions on University services, resources, and campus life
- Math placement exam (for students unable to take the exam at home)
- Lunch and student services/activities fair
- College of Arts & Sciences and Sawyer Business School academic sessions
- Academic advising and registration for first-semester courses (Be sure to complete your pre-registration before attending orientation)
- Student success workshops
- Student ID photos
- Campus safety awareness resources