All orientation sessions are required for students and highly recommended for family members.
Orientation begins with check-in at 12 p.m. on Day 1 (January 13) and concludes by 5:30 p.m. on Day 2 (January 14). All dates and times are subject to change; please refer to your confirmation letter after registering. Students who do not complete their online math placement exam before Day 1 of orientation must arrive early at 11 a.m. on January 13 to check-in and complete the exam.
On-campus housing is provided only to new residential students during January orientation. During June orientation, all new fall students are required to stay overnight in a residence hall and optional overnight accommodations can be provided to family members at an additional cost.
Orientation activities will include
- Welcome address
- Small group time with our Orientation Leaders and your fellow new students
- Information sessions on Suffolk services, resources, and campus life
- Math placement exam (for students unable to take the exam at home)
- Lunch and student services/activities fair
- Undergraduate academic curriculum sessions
- Academic advising and registration for first-semester courses (be sure to complete your course pre-registration before attending orientation)
- Student success workshops
- Student ID photos
- Campus safety awareness resources