Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Presenter: Black Lives Matter Co-Founder, Opal Tometi
Museum of African American History
African Meeting House
46 Joy Street
Boston, MA 02114
- Presentation: 1-2:30 pm (Doors open – 12:30 pm)
- Reception: 2:30-3:30 pm
- Ticket required
Tickets are required and seating is limited. RSVP Today! Last day to RSVP will be December 18, 2015.
For more information contact the Office of Diversity Services at 617.573.8613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating the Dream Award
Deadline: December 11, 2015. The purpose of this award recognizes outstanding efforts of an individual, organization or department within Suffolk University that works toward creating an inclusive, respectful, and safe climate for people of color on the Suffolk campus. The recipient should demonstrate a sustained and tangible impact on the campus community.
Examples of efforts might involve:
- Advocating for underrepresented individuals on campus.
- Coordinating an academic department or staff unit that promotes the professional advancement of faculty and/or staff of color.
- Creating projects and events that promote greater awareness of issues related to underrepresented groups.
- Designing activities and programs that convey personal safety and mutual respect for and among students, faculty and staff of color.
The winner is announced at the MLK Event during the Presentation segment.