Applications are now available for the 2016-2017 Cohort! Apply today!
Applications are due by Wednesday, October 14th at 11:59pm. Please complete the online application or stop by our office for a paper application.
Core DPE Responsibilities include:
- Attending our spring and fall workday(s), our weekly DPE sessions, committee meetings, and other trainings as assigned.
- Learning to facilitate workshops and manage conversations for social justice.
- Gaining competency and proficiency with social justice content areas, including social identity groups, intersectionality, power and privilege, anti-oppression, and more.
- Developing and co-facilitating trainings and workshops with Diversity Services staff and fellow DPEs.
- Being a supportive member of the team of Diversity Peer Educators.
- Assessing all trainings to improve and strengthen our training program.
- Working with Diversity Services to plan and implement the Annual Multicultural Summit. Attendance is mandatory.
- Other duties as assigned.
To become a DPE, you must be a full-time undergraduate student currently and during the spring 2016 semester and 2016-2017 academic year at Suffolk University with GPA of at least 2.8 who is interested in learning about social justice, diversity, and inclusion. Applicants must be on campus in Boston for the spring 2016 semester.
The 2016-2017 cohort will be selected by the end of the fall 2015 semester and will begin a semester long training program in Spring 2016. This cohort will attend weekly meetings with the active DPEs during the Spring 2015 semester, as well as the spring workday.