Interested in diversity, anti-racism, and LGBTQ identities? Want to learn about social justice? Interested in getting public speaking experience and training? Want to work to make our campus more inclusive and open? Being a Diversity Peer Educator is for you!
Applications are now available! Apply today!
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 5pm is the priority deadline to apply. Students who apply before the priority deadline will be given special consideration.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 5pm is the deadline to apply. This is the last time any applications will be accepted for the Spring 2014 application season.
To apply please drop off your completed application to The Office Of Diversity Services (Archer 481) or email it to Jesse Beal, Assistant Director of the Office of Diversity Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- Attending our summer workday, our weekly DPE sessions, and other trainings as assigned.
- Learning to facilitate workshops and manage conversations for social justice.
- Gaining competency and proficiency with diversity content areas, including social identity groups, intersectionality, power and privilege, anti-oppression, and more.
- Co-facilitating trainings and workshops with Diversity Services staff and fellow DPEs.
- Being a supportive member of the team of Diversity Peer Educators.
- Assessing all trainings to improve and strengthen our training program.
- Working with Diversity Services to plan and implement the Annual Multicultural Summit. Attendance is mandatory.
To become a DPE, you must be a full-time student at Suffolk University with GPA of at least 2.8 who is interested in learning about social justice, diversity, and inclusion.