Applications are now available for the 2015-2016 Cohort! Apply today!
Applications are due by Wednesday, November 5th at 11:59pm. Please complete the online application or stop by our office for a paper application.
Core DPE Responsibilities include:
1. Attending our spring/summer workday(s), our weekly DPE sessions, and other trainings as assigned.
2. Learning to facilitate workshops and manage conversations for social justice.
3. Gaining competency and proficiency with diversity content areas, including social identity groups, intersectionality, power and privilege, anti-oppression, and more.
4. Co-facilitating trainings and workshops with Diversity Services staff and fellow DPEs.
5. Being a supportive member of the team of Diversity Peer Educators.
6. Assessing all trainings to improve and strengthen our training program.
7. Working with Diversity Services to plan and implement the Annual Multicultural Summit. Attendance is mandatory.
To become a DPE, you must be a full-time student currently and during the 2015-2016 academic year at Suffolk University with GPA of at least 2.8 who is interested in learning about social justice, diversity, and inclusion.
The 2015-2016 cohort will be selected by the end of the Fall 2014 semester and will begin a semester long training program in Spring 2015. This cohort will attend weekly training meetings with the active DPEs during the Spring 2015 semester, as well as a late Spring/early Summer workday.