Trying to find the right college for you is a challenge for any student. There are so many questions to consider. Do they have the major I'm looking for? What's the campus like?
As a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, or Ally student, you may have some additional questions. Sometimes these answers may be difficult to find, or you might not be sure what questions to ask. We hope this information about LGBTQ life at Suffolk will help you in your college search. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Suffolk University's statement of non-discrimination includes sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
- Suffolk has two LGBTQ student organizations:
- Rainbow Alliance for College of Arts & Sciences and Sawyer Business School students
- Queer Law Alliance for Suffolk Law School students
- LGBTQ programming, support, and advocacy, coordinated by the Office of Diversity Services, raise awareness and share the history of the LGBTQ community. Past events have included:
- Extensive programming for LGBTQ History Month each October.
- Participation and travel to LGBT college conferences, like Creating Change.
- Programs and trainings for Transgender Awareness Week and Transgender Day of Remembrance.
- Pride Week events.
- The "Reel Queer Film Series," a film series of essential LGBTQ+ films.
- Since Fall 2014, Diversity Services and Counseling, Health, and Wellness offer the "Cupcakes + Queers: Coming Out Support and Discussion Group" for students who are navigating the coming out process.
- Since its inception in 2001, our Safe Zone program has provided resources for ally development to help make our campus safer and more affirming.
- Suffolk has out and open LGBTQ faculty and staff.
- Suffolk in included in The Advocate College Guide for LGBT Students as one of the 100 Best Campuses in that nation for LGBTQ students.
- Suffolk has 2.5 out of 5 stars on the Campus Climate Index by Campus Pride.
- For Trans-specific information, please visit the Trans guide to Suffolk page.