The Office of Diversity Services is at the center of Suffolk's efforts to maintain a welcoming climate on campus for everyone. We value understanding and unity. We support the University’s respect for equality. We share its commitment to providing a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for students and their families, faculty, staff, and guests.
We’re proud to be the primary resource for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) students, students of color, and allies. We also work closely with our campus partners, such as Disability Services, Interfaith, and International Student Services, to create an inclusive and affirming campus.
What We Do
- Individual support, mentorship, and referral
- Support to clubs and organizations
- Educational activities designed to increase knowledge of different cultures and to decrease discrimination
- Social events that celebrate unity across cultures
- Consultation to faculty and administrators in strengthening diversity and multicultural competencies