The Office of Diversity Services is at the center of Suffolk's efforts to maintain a welcoming climate on campus for everyone. We value understanding and unity. We support the University’s respect for equality. We share its commitment to providing a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for students and their families, faculty, staff, and guests. We’re proud to be the primary resource for African American, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American (AHANA) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) members of the campus community.
What We DoDiversity Services means different things to many people. We offer a variety of support services, educational programs, and resources for students, faculty, and staff, including:
- Individual counseling and referral
- Support to clubs and organizations
- Educational activities designed to increase knowledge of different cultures or to decrease discrimination and homophobia
- Social events that celebrate unity across cultures
- Consultation to faculty and administrators interested in strengthening diversity