The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH) requires that all full time students, and all international students, submit certain required immunization records to their enrolled college or university.
Failure to comply with MA DPH Immunization requirements will result in a hold on your Suffolk course registration.
- TDaP and/or Td: 1 dose Tetanus, Diphtheria and Acellular Pertussis (TDaP) and/or a Tetanus-Diphtheria booster (Td). Td is required for new freshmen & sophmores within the past 5 years and/or a TDaP within the last 10 years; All other classes Td or TDaP must be within the past 10 years.
- MMR: 2 doses MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). MMR Dose 1 must be after 12months of age; MMR Dose 2 must be at least 4 weeks after the 1st dose.
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses at required intervals: 1st & 2nd dose at least 4 weeks apart; 2nd & 3rd doses at least 8 weeks apart (preferably 4-6 months).
- Meningitis (required only for students living on campus): 1 dose of Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine within the last 5 years OR 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine at anytime in the past.
- Varicella (required only for undergraduate freshmen & sophmores): 2 doses at least 4 weeks apart OR History of disease documented by a licensed health care provider.
Proper Documentation: How to Submit Your Immunization Records:
- New students will be directed to the required paperwork through orientation material, including the Required Health Forms. This information should be recieved by August 31st. The required immunization documentation section can be filled out by a medical practitioner, although other formal immunization records (records from other schools, licensed medical professionals, official immunization books, etc) may also be accepted; these can be copied and attached to the required health forms. Documentation must indicate the month, day and year when the vaccines were received and must be signed by a licensed medical professional. A blood test (titer) showing immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B and varicella is also acceptable.
- You can choose to receive immunizations through our office. Vaccines are FREE for students enrolled in Suffolk's Student Health Insurance Plan. Please bring your insurance card when you visit us during our Walk-In hours. Please remember if you are not enrolled in Suffolk's Student Health Insurance Plan and still decide to receive immunizations through our office then payment will be due at the time of appointment (cash or check only).
Immunization Price List Titers (Immunity Lab Work)
MENINGITIS $110 RUBELLA TITER $37.50
MMR X 2 (2 Shot Series) $60.00 per shot MUMPS TITER $37.50
TDaP $35 MEASLES TITER $37.50
HEP B (3 Shot Series) $75.00 per shot HEP B TITER $37.50
HEP A $80.00 VARICELLA TITER $37.50
FLU SHOT $15.00
VARICELLA (2 Shot Series) $100.00 per shot