iStudy is a free, drop-in final exam preparation event designed to help you get ready to rock your finals! Being ready for your exam means not only understanding challenging course content, but also managing your time well, using effective study strategies and taking care of yourself so that you’re able to do your best.
For further details concerning iStudy, please contact Hillary Ornberg at email@example.com or 617.994.4226.
When and where is iStudy?
Every semester on the last day of class on the 9th floor of 73 Tremont St. Doors open at 10 a.m. and close at 5 p.m.
What happens at iStudy?
- Course Specific Help: Our staff of Tutors and Study Group Leaders will help you review challenging course content, help answer questions and show you effective study strategies so you are ready to rock your finals.
- Exam Preparation Workshop: Student workshop facilitators will share the most effective exam preparation strategies and techniques.
- Customize Your Study Plan: Academic coaches will help you create a customized study schedule for the reading period and finals week so you are sure to maximize your efforts.
- Stay Healthy with the SUPERs: The Suffolk University Peer-Health Education Resource staff will teach you how to manage your stress, sleep well and eat well during finals so you are at your best when you take your exams. You can also make your own brain power trail mix and sleep masks!
What courses can I recieve help with?
Any of the courses in this year’s course listing.
What should I bring with me?
Bring your questions, syllabus, books, notes, past quizzes and tests as well as any other relevant course/study materials.
Do I have to be enrolled in one of the courses listed to attend iStudy?
Nope! iStudy is open to any and all Suffolk students! If you are not enrolled in one of the courses listed, please come by to take advantage of any of our non-course-specific services such as the workshop or academic coaching.
Do I need to sign up for iStudy?
No, just stop by any time!
Will there be free food?
Of course! We know you need to fuel your studying with energizing foods, so we’ve collaborated with the SUPERs to provide delicious and healthy options so you can be more efficient and effective than ever.
Is there anything we cannot do at iStudy?
- Take-home exams: We can’t help you with take-home exams. We are here to help you study so you can demonstrate mastery of the subject when you take your exam!
- Give you the answers to your test: We do not have copies of your exam ahead of time and our staff will not just give you the answers to practice tests. We can, however, guide you through practice problems and help clarify difficult concepts so you are ready to face your exam head-on.
- Teach you a semester’s worth of information in one day: After attending and participating in a course all semester, you probably know more than you think you do. So, come up with specific questions and concerns and our team of tutors, leaders, coaches and your fellow students will work to support and assist you as you study for your exam. The more you do ahead of time, the more we can help you.
Can this really help me prepare for my finals?
Absolutely! In Spring 2012, 91% of surveyed participants reported that they found iStudy to be “helpful” or “very helpful” and 98% of surveyed participants reported that they would attend another iStudy event.