The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding efforts of an individual, organization, or department within Suffolk University toward creating an inclusive, respectful, and safe climate for members of the LGBTQ community. The award recipient should demonstrate a sustained and tangible impact on the campus community. Examples of such efforts might include:
- Advocating for LGBTQ individuals, groups, and issues on campus
- Coordinating an academic department or staff unit that promotes the professional advancement of LGBTQ faculty and staff
- Creating projects and events that promote greater awareness of LGBTQ issues
- Designing activities and programs that convey personal safety and mutual respect for and among LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff.
* Indicates a required field.