Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges is an honor bestowed upon students from 1,400 schools in all 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Each year, Suffolk University chooses graduating seniors to be recognized for this national honor. Selection for this distinguished award is based on cumulative GPA as well as campus involvement, community service and other factors.
Suffolk’s Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Committee is made up of students, staff and faculty members of Suffolk University. The committee reviews all applications, applies the points system outlined in the Committee’s Bylaws, and makes a recommendation to the national “Who’s Who” office for official selection.
Applications for this honor are available online only, from this site. If you have any questions regarding this honor or the selection process, contact us at (617) 573-8321.
Helpful Hints for Applicants
- Applications may be obtained and printed from this web site.
- Applications are due on Monday, December 5, 2011.
- Students who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to complete the application process. Individuals who were honored through this recognition program in 2010 are not eligible.
- For the purpose of this recognition, please include only those activities that have occurred during the time that you have been engaged in undergraduate studies at Suffolk University or at other higher education institutions.
- In selecting candidates for this prestigious recognition, the committee will review the submitted application and your Suffolk University transcript. It is a good idea to highlight those experiences and activities that go beyond normal class requirements or the job description for positions you have held.
- Make sure that you organize the application materials properly and legibly. Provide enough detail to give committee members a solid sense of your achievements. Remember that the committee members will probably not know you, or if they do, they may not know the most important things about you.
- Involve your advisor or a trusted friend in reviewing your final application to make sure that it represents your best work. If you have questions, please feel free to contact any member of the screening and selection committee.
To be eligible for this recognition, candidates must meet each of the following requirements.
- Must be scheduled to complete all requirements for an undergraduate degree at Suffolk University in February, May, or August 2012, as confirmed by an official University transcript
- Must have completed at least 24 credit hours at Suffolk University as of September 1, 2011
- Must have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Must be able to demonstrate both academic and co-curricular/community achievements, as confirmed by the application and any supporting materials submitted
- Must complete and submit an application by Monday, December 5, 2011
- Review the Who's Who Selection Committee bylaws to find out how students are selected
|November 8, 2011||Who's Who Applications Available|
|December 5, 2011||Who's Who Applications Due|
|Winter Break 2011-2012||Selection Committee Screening of Applications and Selection Meeting|
|January 2012||Recipients Notified of Selection by Mail|
|April 19, 2012||Journey Leadership Awards|