By virtue of Suffolk’s location in the heart of downtown Boston, the city is your campus. The engines of government, business, and culture that you learn about in class are churning just blocks away. The spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation, and service that permeates Suffolk’s curriculum and activities also infuses the life of the city.
But what does all of this mean for you, as a Suffolk student?
- Your next career move could be next door. As a freshman, the institution of government or finance you walk past everyday on your way to class may be where, as a senior, you’ll hold a coveted internship.
- Your weekends are easy to fill. You could grab cheap tickets at the HUB to a world-class production just down the street in Boston’s Theater District. You could get some cultural immersion in the North End (Boston’s Little Italy) or Chinatown. Or you could play on the city’s front lawn, the Boston Common, which beckons you to relax, amble, ice skate or toss around the Frisbee.
- Shopping, dining, entertainment—it’s all just steps away. Whether you’re on a budget or looking to splurge, there are restaurants and shops a-plenty, plus one of the nicest movie theaters in the city right next door.
- Living in a city means giving back to the city. Connect with one of the city’s many nonprofits to volunteer your time—every hour helps. Don’t know where to begin? Our S.O.U.L.S. Center for Community Engagement can help you find the perfect match.
- Itching to explore? Pick a T line, any T line—Boston’s MBTA system can take you anywhere across the city and even beyond.
- If you’re worried that living downtown might be dangerous, fear not. Our dorms are guarded 24/7 to ensure only Suffolk students and their approved guests can come and go. And our campus escort program can provide that extra sense of security whether you’re criss-crossing campus or headed to the T or your car.