Associate Professor, Interior Architecture & Design
Office: Sawyer Building, 10th floor - room 1045
Master of Design Studies, Harvard University
Master of Architecture, Moscow Architectural Institute
Courses Taught at the School of Art & Design
Advanced Interior Design Communications, Lighting, Thesis Studio, History & Style Studio
My teaching philosophy reflects my interests in the collaborative authorship. I favor classroom dynamics that permit dialogue and foster students' input in the learning process. I encourage students to have frequent pin-ups to stimulate their ability not only to share their design ideas but also learn to evaluate their own work and the work of their peers. Putting emphasis on the process, I have used regular in-class reviews as a method of keeping students' work on the right path and on schedule.
Recent Professional Highlights
- Principle, Studio A Design Inc., Marblehead, MA: Design consultants for the reconfiguration of existing spaces and design of new structures focusing on Residential and Commercial markets. Providing needs analysis, schematic strategies and design development drawings.
- 2010-2011: Development of several design prototypes for large scale residential modules using prefabricated construction methods.
- 2010: Moore and Moore Salon - Architectural and Interior Design solution for hairdressing salon, Marblehead, MA.
- 2009: Private Residence - Extensive renovation and completion of second floor addition to a single family residence, Marblehead, MA.
- 2007: 70 Fawcett Street - 600-unit residential development, Cambridge, MA