The Department of Residence Life & Housing at Suffolk University is pleased to offer affordable Internship Housing in our 10 West Street Residence Hall to students from across the world. Suffolk University is located in the heart of downtown Boston, just steps away from the Massachusetts State House, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the energetic Financial District, which is home to Fidelity Investments, State Street Bank, Santander, and Bank of America, to name a few.
Typically, Suffolk University houses 80-100 undergraduate and graduate students completing internships in Boston and surrounding areas. Interns create a sense of community that is enhanced by socials offered only to their community.
Summer Internship Housing will be available from Friday, May 16, 2014 to Saturday, August 16, 2014. Rates (housing and board) as well as other information are located in the application. Upon receipt of your Intern Application, letter requirement and $200 non-refundable deposit, a housing contract will be e-mailed to you. The deposit will be refunded only if we are unable to offer housing.
All interns must provide a letter from an accredited college or university stating that the intern is completing an internship in connection with their studies; internship does not need to be for academic credit. If necessary, a combination of letters from the accredited institution and internship site will be accepted. The letter must contain the following information:
- The letter must be on the college or university’s letter head
- The letter must be prepared by an authorized representative of the college or university
- The letter must state that the student is currently enrolled in the college or university
- The letter must state that the student will be participating in an internship during the summer of 2014 in connection with his/her course of study at the college or university. Please know the student does not need to receive academic credit.
- The letter must state that the academic institution will inform the Suffolk University if the student’s enrollment at the academic institution terminates at any time prior to the end of the Internship
- The letter must specifically identify the company or organization where the student is completing his/her Internship
- The letter must state the official start date and end date of the Internship
Applications for Summer 2014 Interns will be available on this page in January 2014.