A check request is different from a purchase order in that it should be used to pay individuals and used when no invoice will be issued. The check request creates the invoice. Download the form and review the instructions below for its proper use.
How to use a Check Request
- Fill out the check request completely (be sure to put a check-mark in the "Mail" or "Hold" block and obtain all proper signatures).
- Attach all original receipts for reimbursements. Be sure to keep copies for your files.
- Attach the original copy of any form that is to be mailed out with checks. If you plan to pick up the check and mail it yourself, attach a copy of the form to the check requests.
Please wait until after noon on Friday to inquire if a check is ready. We cannot respond to inquiries before this time as checks are still in process.
- Requests for $15.00 and under are handled as petty cash by the Bursar's Office
- Checks will not be sent through interoffice mail
- Addresses are necessary in all cases
A completed tax form is required for ALL new vendors.
A vendor is defined as any person or organization being paid from Accounts Payable. Even though employees are at times reimbursed through Accounts Payable, this requirement does not apply to employees. Students (regardless if they are also employees/work study) ARE subject to this requirement.
The required tax form(s) are as follows:
- For a person or organization that has a US tax ID (a Social Security number or Employer Identification Number) the required form is a W-9 that must be signed.
- For a foreign payee, a W8BEN form and a Foreign National Information Form (FNIF) are required. Please note other documentation is required and noted as such on the FNIF.
If the payment is for reimbursement of expenses only, it will not be processed as taxable.