What are balance types?

Please note: If you have a credit balance (negative number) on your current balance, you do not need to make a payment. 

  • What is a Statement Balance?

    This is the balance that is on your statement.  The statement is a snapshot of your account on the day the bill is processed.  If you make changes to your registration, or make payments, your statement balance will be different from your current account balance. 

  • What is a Current Account Balance?

    This is the most up to date, live account balance at the time of viewing.  Your current balance may differ from your statement balance if you make changes to your registration, make payments, or have received a refund. 

  • What is a Term Balance?

    Term balance is what you owe for a particular term/semester.  At all given times the total of the term balances will equal the current balance.  Your account shows the last term you registered, the current term you are registered, and the future term you will be registered. 

How do I pay?

  • Online:  You can securely pay your tuition and fees on-line using an electronic check or credit card. Students can access the SU Pay site by logging into MySuffolk or Campus Cruiser. Students can provide access to the SU Pay site to payers other than themselves.  All credit card payments made online will be assessed a 2.75% convenience fee.
  • In Person: Personal/Bank/Travelers checks or Money Order payments may be made in person at The Office of the Bursar located on the 3rd floor of 41 Temple Street, Boston, MA.  No cash payments are accepted.
  • Mail: You may mail your check or money order directly to The Office of the Bursar. Please make sure that your payment is made payable to Suffolk University and is mailed to The Office of the Bursar, Suffolk University, 41 Temple Street, Boston, MA 02114.  Remember to put your Suffolk ID number on the check.

  • I am an international student. How do I make my payment?

    The Office of the Bursar has teamed up with peerTransfer to help international students make wire transfers. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.

    Initiate my international wire transfer

  • Does Suffolk University offer payment plans?

    Suffolk University offers monthly payment plans that enable you to spread tuition payments equally over a semester.

    For the upcoming academic year 2015-2016 (starting Fall 2015 semester), payment plan options and details will be updated on this page as soon as they become available.

    Please note: the deferred payment plan option has been discontinued.

When is my tuition due?


  Summer 2015  Fall 2015 Spring 2016
Law   May 4 July 20  January 3
Undergrad   May 4 August 1  January 3 
Graduate   May 4 August 1  January 3 


  • I am a returning student and did not register. I did not receive an invoice. How do I know how much to pay?

    You did not receive an invoice since you did not register.  If you intend to register full-time, you will be assessed the full-time rate based on your program.  If you intend to be part-time, you will be charged a per credit rate based on your program.   

What if I don't pay?

Students whose account is not paid/settled by the due date will risk getting deregistered from their semester registration.  If you are a resident student, this means you might possibly lose on-campus housing.

All delinquent accounts could be reported to collections and be assessed additional collection fees.

Withdrawal or Leave of Absence

Incoming students - contact your respective admissions office
Undergraduate and Graduate students - complete the withdrawal form
Law students - contact the Office of the Registrar

What if a third party pays my tuition?

The Office of the Bursar will invoice a third party (your employer or agency) for your tuition charges.  To authorize us to do so, please include an authorization to bill with your invoice.

  • I am a Veteran or a dependent

    If you receive tuition benefits from the Veterans Administration, you need to apply for your certificate of eligibility and give a copy to the appropriate certifying official at Suffolk University.

    Law students: The Law Registrar’s office in Sargent Hall.  

    Undergraduate and graduate students: The Office of the Registrar on the 3rd floor of the Donahue building.

  • I am sponsorsed by the embassy or government

     If you are sponsored by your government, please submit a copy of your financial guarantee to us so that we can send an invoice to the relevant billing department and receive payment as soon as possible.

  • I am receiving tuition reimbursement

    Refer to our Tuition Reimbursement section for detailed information regarding this policy.