A natural disaster is any natural event that may put the University in jeopardy, such as a major flood, blizzard, or hurricane.
The natural disaster plan is designed to assist Suffolk in maintaining services when a situation may prevent employees or students from entering or leaving the University for an extended period of time.
Responses to Natural Disasters
- Unplug all unnecessary equipment and appliances, including sensitive electrical instruments and computers
- Store all equipment in safe areas away from windows–keep curtains and blinds closed
- Assist where needed or as may become necessary as directed by department manager
- When conditions warrant, move students or staff away from windows
- Contact your supervisor before leaving your department
In the event that weather or other emergency conditions warrant the all-day closing or delayed opening of the University, announcements will be made between the hours of 6and to 9:00 AM on the following radio and television stations:
|WBZ 1030 AM||WBZ-TV Channel 4|
|WRKO 680 AM||WCVB-TV Channel 5|
|WBMX 104.1 FM|
|WBUR 90.9 FM|
If a storm occurs late in the day, announcements of evening cancellations may be heard from 3–5pm. Calls should not be made to the University Police Department, radio, or television stations to verify University closing.