A natural disaster is any natural event that may put the University in jeopardy, such as a major flood, blizzard, or hurricane.
The natural disaster plan is designed to assist Suffolk in maintaining services when a situation may prevent employees or students from entering or leaving the University for an extended period of time.
Responses to Natural Disasters
- Unplug all unnecessary equipment and appliances, including sensitive electrical instruments and computers
- Store all equipment in safe areas away from windows–keep curtains and blinds closed
- Assist where needed or as may become necessary as directed by department manager
- When conditions warrant, move students or staff away from windows
- Contact your supervisor before leaving your department
In the event that weather or other emergency conditions warrant the all-day closing, delayed opening or early closure of the University, where to go for the information is located on the University Cancellation and Delays page.