Suffolk Sustainability coordinates a wide range of environmental initiatives across campus.
Learn the Basics
Read Suffolk Sustainability 101 for an introduction to sustainability at Suffolk
Sustainable Giving Tips
There are plenty of Ways to Give without giving “stuff.”
Sustainability plays a role in many different disciplines. Learn about sustainability-related research by Suffolk University faculty.
High Quality, Cost Effective & Eco-Conscious
Wondering how to make your Suffolk events & meetings eco-conscious One way is to, say "goodbye" to bottled water that traveled hundreds of miles to get to Boston, and "hello" to refreshing, local spa water.
Green in Higher Education
Once again, Suffolk is one of the schools featured in this Princeton Review's Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
MA Schools Sustainability Coordinators Roundtable (MSSCOR)
In 2010, Suffolk served a co-founder of MSSCOR. This group is free and open to staff and students at schools in Massachusetts who are working on sustainability initiatives. Learn from each other's work: Schools Sustainability Coordinators Roundtable.
Overview of Sustainability at Suffolk
Suffolk University incorporates sustainability principles in how we run our institution.
- We use energy efficient lighting.
- Energy efficient equipment exists in kitchens, offices, and residence halls.
- Our cleaning staff uses green cleaning products.
- Recycling is easy, with plenty of bins available and a single stream system so you don't have to separate your papers from your containers.
- Our kitchen staff composts food scraps.
- Local food options are available for catered events.
- Staff members purchase paper with recycled content.
- Bike racks are conveniently located for faculty and students.
In our residence halls...
- The bathrooms have water conserving fixtures.
- Eco-Reps serve as environmental peer educators.
In our academic and administrative buildings...
- We have water bottle filling stations to make it fast, easy, and free to fill up your reusable container with filtered water.
- Printers enable you to print double-sided, thereby cutting your paper consumption in half.
Student Sustainability Surveys
Approximately 30% of Suffolk students have participated in our survey. Check out the Annual Sustainability Student Survey Results for 2012!