How to Enroll
Enrollment in the Business Law and Financial Services Concentration is accomplished by filing a Notice of Enrollment form with the Registrar's Office.
Concentration enrollment may occur as soon as a student completes the first year in law school in good standing.
The latest date students may enroll in a Concentration is one year prior to graduation for students graduating in January, and Feb. 1 for students graduating in May.
Formal enrollment in the Business Law and Financial Services Concentration is not complete until the Notice of Enrollment form is filed. Once enrolled in the Concentration, students will be invited to participate in a variety of programs and special events of interest to business, corporate, finance and tax practitioners.
Please Note: Students may pursue a Concentration certificate in one of two areas: Business Law OR Business Law and Financial Services. Specific elective course requirements for the Business Law and Financial Services certificate are noted in the courses in the Special Requirements for the Business Law adn Financial Services section of this website.
Continued enrollment in the Business Law and Financial Services Concentration is contingent upon the student:
- Completing the three (3) required core courses;
- Completing either an internship with a business, corporate, finance or tax placement OR a Concentration Practicum course;
- Completing at least twelve (12) additional elective course credits so that it is possible to complete the required twenty-five (25) credits in approved Business Law and Financial Services Concentration courses by the time the student graduates;
- Periodically reviewing the student's progress in attaining the requisite grade point averages with one of the Concentration Faculty Director(s) and/or the Registrar's Office; and
- Obtaining the Concentration Faculty Directors' approval of the student's plan for completing the Concentration's writing requirement.
- Meeting the GPA Requirements for the Concentration
Upon completion of the required courses, internship, clinical or Practicum course; elective courses, the writing requirement and total credit hours required by the Business Law and Financial Services Concentration, students must complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form with the Registrar's office.
The latest date students may file Concentration Completion forms is Nov. 1 for January graduates, and March 1 for May graduates.