How to Enroll
Enrollment in the Labor and Employment Law Concentration is accomplished by filing an online Notice of Enrollment form with the Registrar's Office.
Concentration enrollment may occur as soon as a student completes the first year in law school in good standing.
The latest date students may enroll in a Concentration is Oct. 1 for students graduating in January, and Feb. 1 for students graduating in May.
Formal enrollment in the Labor and Employment Law Services Concentration is not complete until the Notice of Enrollment form is filed. Once enrolled in the Concentration, students will be invited to participate in a variety of special programs of interest to labor and employment law practitioners and Advanced Legal Studies programs which focus on some aspect of labor and employment law.
Continued enrollment in the Labor and Employment Law Concentration is contingent upon the student completing:
- The three (3) required, core courses, as listed under the Concentration’s Courses section;
- At least two (2) Concentration skills courses, as listed under the Concentration’s Courses section;
- An internship in an approved, three (3) credit internship in some area of labor and employment law, or an exemption from the internship requirement, as granted by the Concentration Director(s) and/or the Administrative Director of Concentrations;
- At least two (2) Concentration elective courses, as listed in the Concentration’s Courses section;
- Periodically reviewing the student's progress in attaining the requisite grade point averages with one of the Concentration Faculty Director(s) and/or the Administrative Director of Concentrations; and
- Obtaining the Concentration Faculty Directors' approval of the student's plan for completing the Concentration's writing requirement.
Upon completion of the required courses, elective courses, the internship, the writing requirement and total credit hours required by the Labor and Employment Law Concentration, enrolled students must complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form with the Registrar's office.
The latest date students may file Concentration Completion forms is Nov. 1 for January graduates, and March 1 for May graduates.