- All Suffolk Law students in good academic standing who are not in their final semester are eligible to apply.
- Students who do not enroll in an approved international experience will not be eligible for Santander funds.
- Students pursuing an international internship and/or coursework must do so for academic credit.
Placement priority will be given to the following international experiences, which are listed in order of preference (1 being the most preferred):
- Full-time internship at a non-profit or governmental organization (for-credit).
- Internship (for-credit) at a non-profit or governmental organization combined with SULS Lund Summer Program.
- An unpaid internship at a for-profit entity (for-credit) combined with the SULS Lund Summer Program.
- An unpaid internship at a for-profit entity (for-credit).
- SULS Lund Summer Program.
- SULS NACLE Exchange Program.
Additional preference will be given to those students who intern in Central or South America.
Geographic Priority will be given to students with a permanent address in the following states, which contain Sovereign Bank branches: Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
The Application deadline: March 17, 2015. To download this year's (2015) Santander Scholarship Application, click here. The application is also available on Campus Cruiser and in the Financial Aid Office. Please review the application materials carefully prior to applying.
Note: If you have not yet finalized your plans for your international experience by the application deadline, you may still apply for the Santander Universities Scholarship. In such instances, applicants should include as much information and relevant detail as possible in their proposal regarding their international experience prospects (positions applied to by applicant, positions offered to applicant, etc.). If there is any change in your international experience status during the course of the application process, you should immediately notify (i) the Office of Financial Aid and (ii) Prof. Shah (email@example.com).
- Interested students may speak with Janice Evans of the Office of Finance Aid.
- Additional questions may be directed to Professors Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Trujillo (email@example.com). Out of a sense of fairness to all applicants, we cannot provide specific advice on the substance of your application.