- All Suffolk Law students in good academic standing who are not in their final semester are eligible to apply.
- Students who do not enroll in an approved international experience will not be eligible for Santander funds.
- Placement priority will be given to the following international experiences, which are listed in order of preference (1 being the most preferred):
- Full-time internship at a non-profit or governmental organization (for-credit or not-for-credit).
- Internship at a non-profit or governmental organization combined with SULS Lund Summer Program.
- An unpaid internship at a for-profit entity combined with the SULS Lund Summer Program.
- An unpaid internship at a for-profit entity (for-credit or not-for-credit).
- SULS Lund Summer Program.
- Additional preference will be given to those students who intern in Central or South America.
- Geographic Priority will be given to students with a permanent address in the following states, which contain Sovereign Bank branches: Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
There is an early application deadline of January 22, 2014; and a regular application deadline of March 19, 2014. Student are encouraged to apply early. Students who apply by the early application deadline will be notified by early February; students who apply by the regular application deadline will be notified by early April. To download the Santander Scholarship application, click here.
Interested students may speak with Patricia Brunton in the Office of Finance Aid.
Additional questions may be directed to Christine Bustany, Practitioner in Residence for International and Comparative Law at email@example.com.