Summer in Sweden: Cancellation/Withdrawal Policy
A. Program Cancellation
1. Although the summer program itself has not been canceled, nevertheless, the program is subject to cancellation subject to force majeure and for insufficient enrollment or for other reasons enumerated herein.
2. If program cancellation occurs after a student has made a deposit, the program director will use her best efforts to make arrangements for any affected student who so desires to attend a similar program.
3. In the event cancellation is necessary enrolled students will be informed by telephone, email and first class mail as soon as possible after the decision is made.
B. Program Changes
If changes are made in the course offerings or other significant aspects of the program, those changes will be communicated promptly to any registrant who has paid a deposit or registered for the program, and an opportunity will be provided for that person to enroll in another course offering or completely withdraw from the program.
C. State Department Travel Information
1. If, prior to the commencement of a program, a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Alert covering program date is issued for Sweden, all registrants will be notified promptly and be given an opportunity to withdraw from the program.
2. If, during the course of the program, a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Alert covering the program dates is issued for Sweden, students will be notified promptly and given an opportunity to withdraw from the program.
D. Refund Policy
1. If students withdraw as permitted in Sections B, C.1 or C.2 above prior to the commencement of the program, or if a program is canceled as permitted in A.1 above students will receive a full refund of all monies advanced within twenty (20) days or as quickly as possible after the cancellation or withdrawal.
2. If students withdraw as permitted in Sections B., C.1 or C.2 during the course of the program, or if the program is terminated, students will be refunded fees paid except for room and board payments utilized prior to the date of termination or withdrawal.
Withdrawal for Reasons Not Specified in A through D Above
Financial ramifications of withdrawal:
- Withdrawal or Drop form filed and approved prior to start of classes, then student liability is 0%
- Withdrawal or Drop form filed and approved first week of classes, then student liability is 50%
- Withdrawal or Drop form filed and approved second week of classes, then student liability is 100%
Housing and Fees:
• Prior to June 1, 2016, 0% liability.
• After June 1, 2016, 100% liability.