GRADUATE JOB SEARCH GUIDE
All graduates seeking employment should review and follow the steps set forth in PCD's Graduate Job Search Guide found in Symplicity's Document Library under the 'graduate job search' tag. This gives you step-by-step instruction on preparing your marketing tools, commanding job search resources, networking and gaining experience through part-time and pro bono opportunities.
We post new job opportunities on a daily basis. Logon to Symplicity regularly to search all jobs and create customized search agents. Contact PCD at (617) 573-8184 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need login information or assistance. Graduates also have access to CareerShift to mine the web for additional job opportunities.
Graduates seeking employment should schedule an individual counseling session with a PCD advisor to create your strategic professional development plan. To schedule an in-person or phone appointment, logon to Symplicity and click on the “Request An Appointment” link in the shortcuts menu.
PRO BONO OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPERIENCE
Volunteer opportunities are a great way to increase your experience and marketability. Visit the MassProBono website and contact our office for more information. You should also check the Volunteer Lawyers Project website.NETWORKING
The American Bar Association is offering all Suffolk University Law School graduating students a free membership. Join now at www.ambar.org/ABAgrads and discover the benefits of ABA membership:
- CareerAdvice LIVE!, a free monthly webinar with practical tips from experts
- Free membership in 22 specialty practice groups to discover your career path
- Free subscription to ABA Journal and e-Journal
- Free career resources, including an online job board
- Bar Exam Prep: 30 Tips in 30 Minutes, a new webinar - free for members
Join local bar associations to gain access to their professional development resources and excellent networking opportunities.
- Boston Bar Association, see Dues Assistance Program if required
- Federal Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Womens Bar Association