GRADUATE JOB SEARCH GUIDE
All graduates seeking employment should review and follow the steps set forth in PCD's new Graduate Job Search Guide found in Symplicity's Document Library under the 'graduate job search' tag. This gives you step-by-step instruction on preparing your marketing tools, commanding job search resources, networking and gaining experience through part-time and pro bono opportunities.
Our fall programming is designed to assist graduates still seeking employment. Be sure to follow the registration instructions for each program and check back often for additions and updates.
- MBA Job Search Seminar for Graduates - Thursday, September 11, 2014, 4:30 to 5:30pm, 20 West Street, Boston. Join us for an in depth seminar hosted by the Massachusetts Bar Association focusing on effective job search strategies and focused networking. Register directly with the MBA.
- MBA Mock Interview Program (Sign Up) - Practice and perfect your interview skills while making a new contact. Sign up with the Suffolk Law-Massachusetts Bar Association Mock Interview program. Participants will be assigned to interview with an MBA member at his or her office in October. Please RSVP on Symplicity by September 29 to participate.
- LinkedIn Training (including photographs and business cards) - Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 4:00 to 5:30pm, Sargent Hall Computer Lab. LinkedIn is the gold standard of networking. This seminar is for graduates with any level of experience with LinkedIn and will be held in the computer lab, so laptops or tablets are not necessary. Free digital photographs for attendee's LinkedIn profile as well as sign-up for Suffolk Law business cards will be available. Enrollment is limited. Please RSVP on Symplicity to participate.
- MBA Mock Interview Program - October 4-17, 2014.
- Advanced Job Search Training - Thursday, October 16, 2014. Details to follow.
- Suffolk Law Pro Bono Fair - Monday, October 20, 2014, 4:00 to 5:30pm, Sargent Hall Function Room. Pro bono opportunities provide graduates an excellent way to gain experience and develop professional contacts within the legal community. Meet representatives from numerous legal organizations. Open admission.
- Job Search Seminar for Graduates II - Thursday, November 13, 2014. Details to follow.
We post new job opportunities on a daily basis. Logon to Symplicity regularly to search all jobs and create customized search agents. Contact PCD at (617) 573-8184 or email@example.com if you need login information or assistance.
Graduates seeking employment should schedule an individual counseling session with a PCD advisor to create your strategic professional development plan. To schedule an in-person or phone appointment, logon to Symplicity and click on the “Request An Appointment” link in the shortcuts menu.
PRO BONO OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPERIENCE
Volunteer opportunities are a great way to increase your experience and marketability. Visit the MassProBono website and contact our office for more information.NETWORKING
The American Bar Association is offering all Suffolk University Law School graduating students a free membership. Join now at www.ambar.org/ABAgrads and discover the benefits of ABA membership:
- CareerAdvice LIVE!, a free monthly webinar with practical tips from experts
- Free membership in 22 specialty practice groups to discover your career path
- Free subscription to ABA Journal and e-Journal
- Free career resources, including an online job board
- Bar Exam Prep: 30 Tips in 30 Minutes, a new webinar - free for members
Join the Suffolk Law alumni community for Alumni Weekend 2014, October 23-25, 2014.
Join local bar associations to gain access to their professional development resources and excellent networking opportunities.
- Boston Bar Association, see Dues Assistance Program if required
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Womens Bar Association