Associate Professor of Legal Writing
- Office: 120 Tremont St.,
- Suite: 320-A
- Phone: 617-573-8707
- Fax: 617-305-3087
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA, Villanova University
- JD, Suffolk University
- U.S. District (MA)
- Legal Practice Skills
- Advanced Legal Writing: IP Litigation
BiographyDyane O Leary graduated from Villanova University summa cum laude and earned a J.D. summa cum laude from Suffolk University Law School, where she was Associate Production Editor of Law Review. Upon graduating from law school, Professor O Leary spent approximately five years as an attorney at WilmerHale, LLP in Boston, where she practiced complex commercial and intellectual property litigation. Additionally, she clerked for the Hon. William E. Smith of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. Prior to joining the Suffolk legal writing faculty, Professor O Leary was an Assistant Professor of Academic Support at Suffolk for three years. She also taught Legal Research and Writing at New England Law Boston and was an Adjunct Professor in the Legal Skills in Social Context program at Northeastern University School of Law.
A-I is a G-O, 26:1 PERSPECTIVES: TEACHING LEGAL RESEARCH & WRITING (2017) (forthcoming).
Picture This: Tackling the Latest Trend in Digital Note Taking, 24:1 THE LAW TEACHER (Fall 2017) (forthcoming).
Flipped Out, Plugged in, and Wired Up: Fostering Success for Students with ADHD in the New Digital Law School, 45 CAP. U. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2017).
Hurry Up & Write, LEGAL WRITING MATTERS BLOG (May 24, 2017).
Legal “Street” Writing, 29:2 THE SECOND DRAFT (2016).
- Time Warp: Time-Pressured Writing in the Classroom, New England Consortium of Legal Writing Teachers Regional Conference, UCONN Law School, Hartford, CT (with Sabrina DeFabritiis, Samantha Moppett, & Kathleen Elliott Vinson) (October 2017)
- Rubrics and Checklists and Frameworks Oh My, Southeastern Association of Law Schools (SEALS) Annual Conference, Boca Raton, FL (Panel Presenter) (August 2017)
- Jing Me, Media Presentation, Association of Legal Writing Directors Biennial Conference, Minneapolis, MN (July 2017)
- Sowing the Seeds: Using Collaborative Student Career Programs to Encourage Diversity in the Legal Writing Field, Association of Legal Writing Directors Biennial Conference, Minneapolis, MN (with Suffolk University Professor Rosa Kim) (July 2017)
- Law Students With Learning Disabilities in the Modern Era: Meeting the Challenges of an Evolving Community, Southeastern Association of Law School (SEALS) Annual Conference, Boca Raton, FL (with Laura Rothstein) (August 2015).
- Sunrise to Sunset Breaking Tradition by Using Online Resources in Academic and Bar Support, Association of Academic Support Educators National Conference, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL (with Antonette Barilla and Elizabeth Stillman) (May 2015).
- Flipped Out & Blended In: Calling Attention to Students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in the Virtual Classroom, New England Consortium of Academic Support Professionals Annual Conference, Suffolk University Law School (December 2014).
- Tools to Improve Peer Editing, Legal Writing Institute One Day Workshop, Northeastern University School of Law (December 2011).