Compensation for loss or damage to personal property on campus or while participating in University programs is not a University responsibility. Individuals desiring such protection must make arrangements for the necessary coverage at their own expense. Residential students are encouraged to consider securing personal property insurance, either through the homeowners’ policy of their parents or through a separate renters’ insurance policy.