Shelter in Place
When Shelter In Place is warranted, you'll be advised via the emergency notification system or other appropriate means.
General Steps to Shelter in Place
- Stay where you are or go into the nearest room with a door
- Close the doors and lock them if possible
- Close the windows and blinds or curtains
- Silence all audio equipment and cell phones
- Wait for the "all-clear" message from authorities
Shelter in place or lockdown is no longer recommended by the Department of Homeland Security as an overall response to a hostile intruder situation. See our Active Shooter Response Information.