Every week there is something going on at SUMC. Our Student Affairs department organizes all kinds of activities and events. We try to cater to our students’ diverse interests in the areas of culture, sports, Spanish language learning and community service. Our students are encouraged to participate in these activities, whose main purpose is to help them make the most of their experience in Madrid, as well as to have a good time together.
Cultural ActivitiesMadrid, as the capital city of Spain, offers a vast variety of cultural events and venues. We take advantage of this and organize the following activities regularly:
- Film club (weekly, alternating movies in Spanish and English)
- Theater nights (in Spanish and/or English)
- Museum visits (Prado, Reina Sofía, Thyssen-Bornemisza, Sorolla)
- Intercambios or language exchanges (every two weeks approx.)
To offer students the opportunity to learn more about Spanish culture, we organize the following activities:
- Flamenco shows (once every semester) and dance classes
- Bullfighting (once every semester)
- Cooking classes
- Disfruta Madrid Club (several different activities)
Sports and NatureMany of our students regularly play a sport or would like to try a new one, so we encourage them to check out the classes and facilities that our campus shares with CEU San Pablo University: gym, fitness classes, tennis and paddle-tennis classes, soccer, rugby, and basketball courts. For those students who are looking for a really serious workout, we provide a list of gyms near campus which offer student discounts. If you just have a short break between classes, you may want to play a quick ping-pong game on our patio!
- Horseback riding
- Bike tours
For additional information regarding student activities please email email@example.com