Study Abroad Guidelines
- Attend a Study Abroad Info Session and discuss your study abroad plans (eligibility, application process, country of interest, tuition) with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- Research course offerings for your study abroad program by consulting the program’s website.
- Review your program evaluation and generate a list of courses/requirements you would like to complete abroad. Use the Study Abroad Planning Worksheet.
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor to figure out which courses you'll take abroad, and how those courses will transfer back.
- Submit your completed materials via the Study Abroad Online Application portal.
Meeting with an Academic Advisor
Once you have attended an info session and met with a study abroad advisor, you're ready to meet with an academic advisor to review courses you could take abroad. Choosing your study abroad courses often requires multiple appointments so start the process early.
- To schedule an appointment: call 617-573-8034 or stop by the 9th floor of 73 Tremont St.
- When making the appointment, please indicate the country, program of interest and semester you plan to go abroad.
- All study abroad appointments are scheduled for ONE HOUR. Please plan accordingly when making the appointments.
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated for study abroad appointments.
- Please bring the following materials to all meetings:
- Program Evaluation
- Study Abroad Planning Worksheet (list of courses/degree requirements that you would like to complete abroad)
- Course descriptions and/or syllabi you researched that best match your Suffolk requirements