The CTSE has developed the Designing and Teaching Your Online Course (DTYOC) Mini-Institutes that offer a coherent, holistic approach to online course design. This series presents specific tools, ideas, strategies, and theories as part of larger processes related to teaching, scholarship, and learning. In addition, the Institute itself is useful to set benchmarks to measure progress toward professional goals. This method is flexible, rigorous, and relevant for faculty professional development in online course design and delivery.
Upon completion of the
DTYOC, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency with online course design principles and a range of online teaching methods through the creation of a course structure that emphasizes active learning and student engagement
- Adapt F2F activities for online learning
- Assess student learning in an online course environment and evaluate which assessment methods are best for F2F versus online employment in a particular discipline
- Support students in online learning environments
- Identify where to find help at Suffolk to troubleshoot technology concerns and issues