In order to apply to study abroad at Suffolk:
- You must be a currently enrolled student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher (some programs have higher GPA requirements).
- You must have sophomore or junior standing by the time you plan to go abroad.
- Students with less than 30 credits (first year students) OR students within 30 credits of graduation (seniors) may only study at our Madrid campus.
- You must not have transferred in to Suffolk with more than 60 credits.
- You must be in good academic, disciplinary, and financial standing with the university.
Meeting or exceeding the minimum cumulative GPA requirement does not guarantee admission to a program. Admissions decisions are based on a full review of the file, including the academic recommendation, the personal statement, and academic and disciplinary records. Once admitted, students who are not in good standing or determined by the University not to be in compliance with any academic requirement or other rule, requirement or procedure of the University may be precluded from participation in a Suffolk Study Abroad Program. All admission decisions are final.