Certificate in Financial Planning
This non-degree program covers the foundation topics required by the Certified Financial Planner Board. On completing this program, students are eligible to take the CTF exam which is an integral part of the prestigious CTF certification process. Admission to the certificate program requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Official college transcript(s)
Certificate in Graphic Design
The graphic design certificate is designed for those who do not want the extensive training required of the BFA, but who require more focused design training to complement existing educational or work credentials.
- Certificate Application
- Applicants must submit an official transcript of grades from high school and each college or university attended
- Have earned at least 30 credits from an accredited post-secondary institution (college or university); OR be recommended in writing by supervisor(s) who will attest to the candidate’s successful employment in a related field for the equivalent of one year. Written documentation of work experience mustemploy guidelines established by CAEL (Council for Adult & ExperientialLearning).
- Submit a portfolio of original artwork representing the range of your talents and experience. Those without a portfolio will be required to take 2D/Color (ADF S166), earning a grade of B or better to waive this requirement. Candidates may also meet with the Graphic Design Program Director for an admission interview in lieu of submitting a portfolio.
- Submit a current professional résumé and must demonstrate proficiency in the Macintosh computer operating system.
- Each application for admission to the Graphic Design Certificate Program must be accompanied by a non-refundable $50 Certificate Program Application Fee.
- Applicants to the Certificate Program must demonstrate proficiency in English. The University reserves the right to formally evaluate candidate’s language skills as part of the admissions process. This is a part-time non-degree granting program; the University will not issue I-20’s to international students in the Certificate Program. The program will not be accelerated or altered to accommodate students requiring visas.
Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Paralegals assist attorneys in a variety of ways. Paralegals conduct investigations, draft legal documents, maintain legal records, prepare pleadings, work with witnesses, perform legal research, and do a variety of other tasks. Admission to the certificate program requires either a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 30 semester hours in liberal arts from an accredited college or university.
Official college transcript(s)
Official high school transcript (if you do not have a bachelor’s degree)
Written recommendation from supervisor for whom you have been employed for at least two years (required only if student has fewer than 30 college credits)
Writing sample, one page double spaced
$50 Application Fee
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Certificate in Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
This program covers the courses necessary to a career in international teaching. The three-course requirement os completed as part of your undergraduate pogram at Suffolk University.