Need help with your taxes? If you earned less than $54,000 in 2015, Suffolk can help you file your taxes for free. Just stop by One Beacon on any day that the center is open. 

If you come on a Friday between 2 and 6pm, you'll also get important information about student loan debt. 

If you're an international student, there will be extra foreign student certified volunteers on hand to help with your taxes on these dates:

  • 2/24 (10am-1pm)
  • 2/24 (1-3pm)
  • 3/9 (10 am-1pm)
  • 3/10 (1-3pm)

This free tax service is made possible through Suffolk's partnership with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Center and the Boston Tax Help Coalition. Suffolk students are volunteering as tax advisers and helping both students and low-income families make the most of their tax returns.

“This program helps people get back the money they desperately need. Many people get upwards of $5,000, which could be used to pay for several months of rent or groceries for their families," said Nick Bonasaoro, a senior accounting student who volunteered last year.

  • Center Hours

    Date  Time 
    Feb. 12 2-6pm 
    Feb. 13 10am-3pm 
    Feb. 19  2-6pm
    Feb. 20 10am-3pm 
    Feb. 24  10am-1pm
    Feb. 25  1-3pm
    March 4 2-6pm 
    March 5 10am-3pm 
     March 9 10am-1pm 
     March 10 1-3pm 
    March 23 10am-1pm 
     March 24 1-3pm 
     March 25 2-6pm 
     March 26 10am-3pm 
     March 30 10am-1pm 
     March 31 1-3pm 
     April 8 10am-6pm 
     April 9 10am-3pm 
     April 13 10am-1pm 
     April 14 1-3pm 
     April 15 10am-2pm 
  • Documents to Bring With You

    • Government issued Photo ID
    • Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer ID Letter (ITIN) for you, your dependents, and/or your spouse
    • All 1099 forms: 1099G (unemployment), 1099R (pension payments), 1099INT (bank interest), 1099SSA (social security), 1099 miscellaneous
    • W2 forms for all jobs in 2015
    • Proof of health insurance (health insurance cards, HC-1099, 1095-A, etc.) for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents*
    • Total childcare expenses in 2015, and child care provider's name, address, and Employer Identification Numer (EIN) or Social Security Number
    • All 1098 forms (tuition payments), receipts for materials and books, and proof of payment
    • Total student loan interest paid (1098E) or lender statement
    • Proof of all rent paid in 2015
    • A copy of last year's tax return
    • Bank-issued printed account and routing numbers to direct deposit your tax refund into your account
    • Proof of ANY deductible, out-of-pocket expenses (annual BWSC, 1098E, charitable receipts, etc.)
    • Any mail from the MA Department of Revenue and/or any mail from the IRS
    *Taxpayers who have received or expect to receive health insurance credits need to bring proof of ALL household income.