Setting goals is key to your career success. That’s why Sawyer Business School’s public administration programs integrate skill-building workshops with career guidance.
Throughout your program, you'll have access to our EDGE Professional Development workshops, which are open to all Sawyer Business School graduate students across all campuses. Led by executive coaches and corporate consultants, the workshops help you:
- Expand your network
- Build your resume, write cover letters, polish your interview skills
- Negotiate salaries
- Gain expertise in databases like Excel, Access, and Bloomberg
- Learn how to achieve a healthy work-life balance
- And more
Professional Development Sponsorship
If you're interested in joining a professional organization or attending an external professional development workshop, conference, or related event, you can apply for sponsorship funding. With this additional offering, you have expansive opportunities for professional growth and networking. Apply online.
Career Guidance and Mentorship
Whether you’re a full-time or part-time MPA student, the Mentor Program will connect you with Suffolk alumni and friends who are professionals in the public service, nonprofit and healthcare administration sectors. These mentor relationships give you insight into career and leadership development and help you gain a deeper understanding of your career path.
Suffolk's Career Development Center will help you implement your career plan. You'll have access to a wide range of services, that will help you:
- Assess your skills, interests, and values
- Find internship opportunities
- Develop strategies for networking
- Create effective resumes and cover letters
- Enhance your interviewing and presentation skills
- Make connections with employers